|Blackpool Training Venue | Ref 33173
|About This Venue|
Training courses are available from Unit 15 & 16, The Pavilions, Avroe CrescentBlackpool, Lancs, a training venue in Blackpool, which is in the greater North West region. You can either make a general enquiry using the drop down form above or contact us for more information regarding the courses and dates that are available. The venue reference is 33173.
|The most popular courses taking place at this Blackpool training venue are as follows:|
|- IPAF Operator|
|- Safe Working At Height|
|- Abrasive Wheels (half day)|
|- PASMA Towers For Users|
|- Emergency First Aid at Work|
Shown within ceremonial Lancashire
Coordinates: 53°48′51″N 03°03′01″W / 53.81417°N 3.05028°W / 53.81417; -3.05028
North West England
Blackpool Borough Council
Leader & Cabinet
Paul Maynard (C)
Gordon Marsden (L)
13.46 sq mi (34.85 km2)
16 ft (5 m)
Population (2011 est.)
11,000/sq mi (4,100/km2)
Greenwich Mean Time (UTC+0)
• Summer (DST)
British Summer Time (UTC+1)
2.0% South Asian
0.2% Other Asian
Blackpool i/ˈblækpuːl/ is a seaside town and borough of Lancashire, North West England. The town is a unitary authority area, noted for its political autonomy, independent of Lancashire County Council. It is situated along Englands northwest coast by the Irish Sea, between the Ribble and Wyre estuaries, 17.5 miles (28.2 km) northwest of Preston, 27 miles (43 km) north of Liverpool, 30 miles (48 km) northwest of Bolton and 40 miles (64 km) northwest of Manchester. It has an estimated population of 142,100, and a population density that makes it the fourth most densely populated borough of England and Wales outside Greater London.
Throughout the Middle Ages and Early Modern period, Blackpool was a coastal hamlet in Lancashires Hundred of Amounderness, and remained such until the mid-18th century when it became fashionable in England to travel to the coast during the summer to bathe in sea water to improve well-being. In 1781, visitors attracted to Blackpools 7-mile (11 km) sandy beach were able to use a newly built private road, built by Thomas Clifton and Sir Henry Hoghton. Stagecoaches began running to Blackpool from Manchester in the same year, and from Halifax in 1782. In the early 19th century, Henry Banks and his son-in-law John Cocker erected new buildings in Blackpool such that its population grew from less than 500 in 1801 to over 2,500 in 1851. St Johns Church in Blackpool was consecrated in 1821.
Blackpool rose to prominence as a major centre of tourism in England when a railway was built in the 1840s connecting it to the industrialised regions of Northern England. The railway made it much easier and cheaper for visitors to reach Blackpool, triggering an influx of settlers, such that in 1876 Blackpool was incorporated as a borough, governed by its own town council and aldermen. In 1881 Blackpool was a booming resort with a population of 14,000 and a promenade complete with piers, fortune-tellers, public houses, trams, donkey rides, fish-and-chip shops and theatres. By 1901 the population of Blackpool was 47,000, by which time its place was cemented as "the archetypal British seaside resort". By 1951 it had grown to 147,000.
Shifts in tastes, combined with opportunities for Britons to travel overseas, supplanted Blackpools status as a leading resort during the late 20th century. Nevertheless, Blackpools urban fabric and economy remains relatively undiversified, and firmly rooted in the tourism sector, and the boroughs seafront continues to attract millions of visitors every year. In addition to its sandy beaches, Blackpools major attractions and landmarks include Blackpool Tower, Blackpool Illuminations, the Pleasure Beach, Blackpool Zoo, Sandcastle Water Park, the Winter Gardens, and the UKs only surviving first-generation tramway.
|Make An Enquiry|
|Please use the form below to make an enquiry about courses being held at this venue|
|Map Of Blackpool
|Other Training Venues in Blackpool