🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Fri 19th Mar 2021 ⭐
Fri 19th Mar 2021 ⭐
SPA / MPQC Quarry Passport - Renewal
6 Places Available
19th March 2021
Course Guaranteed To Take Place ✔
Course Ready To BookGood news, this SPA / MPQC Quarry Passport - Renewal course which is due to take place in Carnforth on the 19th Mar has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online. The course benefits from our lowest price guarantee.
Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked with Xyz is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form below.
Specifically designed for employees / contractors & visitors who are working within the extractive, mineral processing and related manufacturing sectors. The Quarry Safety Passport Scheme is aimed at ensuring individuals health and safety within the industry. Developed and jointly run by the Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC) and the Safety Pass Alliance (SPA), courses accredited by the Scheme lead to a nationally recognised qualification and are highly recommended to contractors employed within the sec...
Who Should Attend?
For people who are: working within the extractive and mineral processing and related manufacturing environment, on sites such as: quarrying, sand and gravel operations, concrete, mortar, cement and asphalt plants, wharfs or surface mining.
Existing VALID SPA / MPQC Quarry Passport - can be completed up to 6 months before the expiry date.
- On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to successfully complete each module assessment paper: Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each module assessment paper Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health safety & environment Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when change to a generic assessment is required Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sector Danger Areas Blasting and precautions Unprotected edges Crushers Excavations
- tips and Lagoons Quicksand type material Conveyors Processing equipment Bitumen Cement Railways and Docks Mobile Plant Consequences of accidents caused by breaking the rules Reversing vehicle hazards and relevant precautions Working with heavy and mobile plant Crane operation and slinging Vehicle condition Vehicle parking Access and Working at height Hazards relating to slips
- trips and falls Good housekeeping Ladder and steps Safe practices in the use of scaffold towers and working on roofs The safe use of cherry pickers and man baskets Harnesses and clipping on when working at height Hazardous Operations Safety precautions during normal
- maintenance and breakdown work Fencing Isolation / lock-off procedures Permit to Work and example applications: Confined spaces
- crusher clearance
- conveyor tensioners Excavations and Confined Spaces Safe working in excavations and confined space Precaution to prevent collapse Inspection requirements Access egress and prevention of falls Lighting
- ventilation requirements Effect of weather Emergency procedure Confined space regulations Specified risks Control measures: basic precautions / permit Health Risks Working in Quarries Dusts
- and dehydration Control risks measures including PPE Environmental Considerations Public perception of environmental impacts Powers of inspectors / enforcing authorities and penalties Precautions to avoid spillage and groundwater contamination Waste segregation and disposal Air pollution from dust and noise Ecology and Archaeology.
9am - 4pm
Specific venue information; which includes the full address, directions to the venue, public transport links, parking, refreshments, nearby hotels and whether or not food is provided will be supplied to confirmed bookings prior to the start of the course. SPA Passport Mineral Products Renewal training is also available at training centres UK wide and on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Our SPA Passport Mineral Products Renewal courses are accredited by the most recognised certificating body and supported by certification produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest & most respected Health and Safety training companies..
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to as a matter of priority.