🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Thu 20th May 2021 ⭐
Thu 20th May 2021 ⭐
SPA / MPQC Quarry Passport 2 Day
6 Places Available
20th/21st May 2021
Course Guaranteed To Take Place ✔
Course Ready To BookGood news, this SPA / MPQC Quarry Passport 2 Day course which is due to take place in Carnforth on the 20th May has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online. The course benefits from our lowest price guarantee.
Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked with Xyz is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form below.
Specifically designed for employees / contractors & visitors who are working within the extractive, mineral processing and related manufacturing sectors. The Quarry Safety Passport Scheme is aimed at ensuring individuals health and safety within the industry.Developed and jointly run by the Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC) and the Safety Pass Alliance (SPA), courses accredited by the Scheme lead to a nationally recognised qualification and are highly recommended to contractors employed within the secto...
Who Should Attend?
For people who are: working within the extractive and mineral processing and relatedmanufacturing environment, on sites such as: quarrying, sand and gravel operations, concrete,mortar, cement and asphalt plants, wharfs or surface mining.
Specific SPA Passport Mineral Products 2 day joining instructions will be supplied to you (if appropriate) once your booking is confirmed. If, once confirmation has been received, you are in anyway unsure of what prerequisites or items you need to bring or provide, then your dedicated training manager or the trainer conducting your course will be able to confirm this with you. Contact numbers and ways to get in touch will be provided.
- On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to successfully complete eachmodule assessment paper: Demonstrate their understanding of the subjects by successfully completing each moduleassessment paper Appreciate how they personally can influence good standards within health safety &environment Understand the value of risk assessment and have the knowledge to recognise when changeto a generic assessment is required Understand the common hazards associated with working in this sectorDanger Areas Blasting and precautions Unprotected edges Crushers Excavations
- tips and Lagoons Quicksand type material Conveyors Processing equipment Bitumen Cement Railways and DocksMobile Plant Consequences of accidents caused by breaking the rules Reversing vehicle hazards and relevant precautions Working with heavy and mobile plant Crane operation and slinging Vehicle condition Vehicle parkingAccess and Working at height Hazards relating to slips
- trips and falls Good housekeeping Ladder and steps Safe practices in the use of scaffold towers and working on roofs The safe use of cherry pickers and man baskets Harnesses and clipping on when working at heightHazardous Operations Safety precautions during normal
- maintenance and breakdown work Fencing Isolation / lock-off procedures Permit to Work and example applications: Confined spaces
- crusher clearance
- conveyor tensionersExcavations and Confined Spaces Safe working in excavations and confined space Precaution to prevent collapse Inspection requirements Access egress and prevention of falls Lighting
- ventilation requirements Effect of weather Emergency procedure Confined space regulations Specified risks Control measures: basic precautions / permitHealth Risks Working in Quarries Dusts
- and dehydration Control risks measures including PPEEnvironmental Considerations Public perception of environmental impacts Powers of inspectors / enforcing authorities and penalties Precautions to avoid spillage and groundwater contamination Waste segregation and disposal Air pollution from dust and noise Ecology and Archaeology.
9am - 4pm
Available as an open course at over 50 venues nationwide or as a private / inhouse course on client premises.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Developed by the Mineral Products Qualifications Council (MPQC) and the Safety Pass Alliance (SPA), courses accredited by the Scheme lead to a nationally recognised qualification and are highly recommended to contractors employed within the sector. .
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of SPA Passport Quarry 2 day courses across the UK. Together with our accredited training partner centres we are proud to offer all clients our unique Lowest Price Guarantee.