🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Fri 19th Mar 2021 ⭐
Fri 19th Mar 2021 ⭐
Chew Valley Venue
4 Places Available
Lowest Price Guaranteed
Why Book With Us?All courses offered benefit from our unique Lowest Price Guarantee. Bookings are protected by the Xyz Customer Service Charter which provides security and peace of mind in the unlikely event that the training doesn't meet client expectations.
In order to receive a quote for this training course please start by completing our enquiry form below. A personalised quote and ways in which to book will then be supplied.
To avoid disappointment, we'll confirm that the course is going ahead as scheduled and that there is still space remaining for your required number of delegates before accepting your booking.
Phlebotomy also referred to as venipuncture is the surgical puncture of a vein in order to draw blood from a patient via medical needles Its carried out by a qualified phlebotomist and the blood is then studied by a physician to determine the health of a patient The blood may also be used for another patient in need of a blood transfusion Theory Training includes understanding of the basics of Phlebotomy, Legal aspects of Phlebotomy, Infection control & Health and Safety You will also practice on a mannequin Practical training includes Live Blood Sessions This is the practical part of the training
Who Should Attend?
Phlebotomists are specialised clinical support worker & assistant healthcare scientists who collect blood from patients for examination in laboratories the results of which provide valuable information to diagnosing illness
introduction to Phlebotomy - 1 DAY Classroom - 2021 - Part 1 online + Part 2 Classroom (Cardiff) - PROVISIONAL
- The course runs over either one or two full days depending on which course selected. Two day courses run over two concurrent weekdays or one weekend.
Start times for all courses are 9.30am (prompt) and finish time is around 5.00pm. Morning and afternoon breaks of around 15 minutes and a lunchtime break of usually 45-60 minutes.
Day 1 is about the theory of phlebotomy.
You will cover
- The roles and legal responsibilities of the phlebotomist
- Health and safety in the phlebotomy working environment
- The importance of gaining informed consent
- How to control the spread of infection
- How to use and apply a tourniquet
- How to deal with a Needle Stick Injury (NSI) The possible complications of venepuncture and how to deal with them
- The anatomy associated with venepuncture
- Selecting an appropriate site for venepuncture
- Day 2: Is devoted to practical work you will cover
- Assembling the needle and the correct techniques to hold the needle
- The entire venipuncture procedure (including patient care before and after the procedure)
- How to use a variety of systems (Evacuated
- Aspiration and Butterfly)
- The day will end with a final practical assessment
- taking you through a real world role-play scenario..
Specific venue information; which includes the full address, directions to the venue, public transport links, parking, refreshments, nearby hotels and whether or not food is provided will be supplied to confirmed bookings prior to the start of the course. Phlebotomy training is also available at training centres UK wide and on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Our Phlebotomy courses are accredited by the most recognised certificating body and supported by certification produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest & most respected Health and Safety training companies..
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to as a matter of priority.