🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Mon 30th Mar 2020 ⭐
5 Places Available
Course Guaranteed To Take Place ✔
Course Ready To BookGood news, this Phlebotomy Training course which is due to take place in Oldbury on the 30th Mar has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online. The course benefits from our lowest price guarantee.
Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked with Xyz is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form below.
Phlebotomy also referred to as venipuncture is the surgical puncture of a vein in order to draw blood from a patient via medical needles Its carried out by a qualified phlebotomist and the blood is then studied by a physician to determine the health of a patient The blood may also be used for another patient in need of a blood transfusion Theory Training includes understanding of the basics of Phlebotomy, Legal aspects of Phlebotomy, Infection control & Health and Safety You will also practice on a mannequin Practical training includes Live Blood Sessions This is the practical part of the training
Who Should Attend?
Phlebotomists are specialised clinical support worker & assistant healthcare scientists who collect blood from patients for examination in laboratories the results of which provide valuable information to diagnosing illness
Specific Phlebotomy joining instructions will be supplied to you (if appropriate) once your booking is confirmed. If, once confirmation has been received, you are in anyway unsure of what prerequisites or items you need to bring or provide, then your dedicated training manager or the trainer conducting your course will be able to confirm this with you. Contact numbers and ways to get in touch will be provided.
- The course runs over either one or two full days depending on which course selected. Two day courses run over two concurrent weekdays or one weekend.
Start times for all courses are 9.30am (prompt) and finish time is around 5.00pm. Morning and afternoon breaks of around 15 minutes and a lunchtime break of usually 45-60 minutes.
Day 1 is about the theory of phlebotomy.
You will cover
- The roles and legal responsibilities of the phlebotomist
- Health and safety in the phlebotomy working environment
- The importance of gaining informed consent
- How to control the spread of infection
- How to use and apply a tourniquet
- How to deal with a Needle Stick Injury (NSI) The possible complications of venepuncture and how to deal with them
- The anatomy associated with venepuncture
- Selecting an appropriate site for venepuncture
- Day 2: Is devoted to practical work you will cover
- Assembling the needle and the correct techniques to hold the needle
- The entire venipuncture procedure (including patient care before and after the procedure)
- How to use a variety of systems (Evacuated
- Aspiration and Butterfly)
- The day will end with a final practical assessment
- taking you through a real world role-play scenario..
Specific venue information; which includes the full address, directions to the venue, public transport links, parking, refreshments, nearby hotels and whether or not food is provided will be supplied to confirmed bookings prior to the start of the course. Phlebotomy training is also available at training centres UK wide and on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Our Phlebotomy courses are accredited by the most recognised certificating body and supported by certification produced by XYZ Training Group - one of the UK's largest & most respected Health and Safety training companies..
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to as a matter of priority.