🎓 Open / Public Training Course Event
Classroom / face-to-face delivery, CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher, London Region
Wed 30th Oct 2019 ⭐
Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher
20 Places Available
Course Guaranteed To Take Place ✔
Other Dates Scheduled At This Venue - Thu 2nd Jan |
Course Ready To BookGood news, this Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher course which is due to take place in Romford on the 30th Oct has already achieved the minimum delegate numbers required in order for it to definitely take place and can therefore be Booked & Paid for Online. The course benefits from our lowest price guarantee.
Confirmed bookings will receive instant confirmation, receipt of payment, a paid invoice and full joining instructions by return. Every course booked with Xyz is protected by our Customer Service Charter. In order to book or to receive a quote for this training please start by completing the enquiry form below.
CITB SITE SUPERVISION SAFETY TRAINING SCHEMECourse Overview:The SSSTS refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material i...
Who Should Attend?
The SSSTS refresher course is for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance. It aims to bring health and safety knowledge up to date, as well as giving a thorough overview of the legislative changes and their impact in the workplace. The course includes a wide range of topics which have been affected by the changes to procedures built upon the material in the original course.
Entry requirementsThe refresher course is only for delegates who have previously passed the two-day Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course and can provide proof of successful attendance.If a delegate cannot provide a copy of their certificate, the online card checker can be used to establish if a delegate currently holds a valid SSSTS certificate: available on request/If an individual cannot be located on the system and no evidence of their certificate can be found, they will have to attend the full Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course.Failure to attend the refresher course prior to the expiry of an existing certificate will require the delegate to re-enter the scheme by completing the full Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course if they wish to remain in the scheme.Delegates must be competent in English at site supervisor level.
- Delegates taking the SSSTS course should be able to achieve all of the learning outcomes listed below by the end of the course:Module 11. Health and safety lawDescribe the purpose of health and safety legislation and the different legislative requirements that must be followed to ensure this is achieved.2. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)Explain how the CDM Regulations are used to support health and safety on site.3. Health and safety management systemsDescribe how to develop
- maintain and monitor a health and safety management system.4. Risk assessments and method statementsWrite and use risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment.5. Statutory inspections and checksOutline how to complete statutory inspections and checks for a construction site.6. Reporting accidents
- injuries and ill healthDescribe how to report accidents
- injuries and ill health that may occur in the construction industry.7. Leadership and worker engagementExplain how good leadership and worker engagement can aid with protecting the workforce.Module 21. Health and welfare of the workforceExplain how to protect the health and welfare of the workforce in the construction industry.2. First aid and emergency proceduresExplain how to manage first aid and emergency procedures for a construction site.3. Hazardous substancesExplain how to identify and handle hazardous substances associated with working on a construction site.4. AsbestosOutline the risks to health posed by asbestos
- and the basic legal requirements to manage those risks.5. Dust and fumesOutline how to control exposure to dust and fumes (respiratory hazards) for workers on a construction site.6. Noise and vibrationExplain how to control exposure to noise and vibration for construction workers.7. Manual handlingOutline how to properly undertake manual handling activities when lifting loads.Module 31. Site set up and securityIdentify factors to be considered when setting up a construction site.2. Fire prevention and controlIdentify the main fire hazard risks and identify basic requirements for fire safety on site.3. ElectricityIdentify the dangers of electricity and good working practices for working on or near to live electrical circuits and with electrical tools and equipment.4. Plant and work equipmentState the importance of control and the management of plant
- transport and work equipment on site.5. Lifting operations and lifting equipmentIdentify the basic requirements for safe lifting operations
- equipment and accessories and the steps required to ensure safety.Module 41. Working at heightDescribe the key principles for working safely at height.2. ExcavationsOutline the main hazards and control considerations for excavation work.3. Underground and overhead servicesDescribe how to locate
- identify and plan for work near underground and overhead services.4. Confined spacesDescribe the main hazards and safety considerations for working in a confined space.5. Temporary worksDescribe the main duties of temporary work supervisors.Module 51. Environmental awarenessState your role in environmental awareness on site.2. PollutionState your role in preventing pollution.3. Waste materialsExplain how environmental damage can occur from improper management of waste materials.4. NuisanceExplain your part in reducing nuisance
- dust and light..
The venue is opposite Romford Bus Garage, There is limited spaces in the rear car park and there is street parking with meter charge. Lunch and refreshments are provided.. Lunch and refreshments are provided.. Lunch and refreshments are provided.. Lunch and refreshments are provided.. Lunch and refreshments are provided.
Training venue location and streetview links can be found at the top of this page.
Delegates who attend will be required to undertake a multiple choice test to confirm their understanding of the subjects covered. on successful completion of the course delegates will receive a ConstructionSkills Site Safety Plus certificate. The Site Supervisors' Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate has to be renewed every five years by attending the Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher course..
The examination paper consists of 25 multiple-choice questions selected by CITB.. The examination pass mark is 80% (24 out of 30).The paper consists of 22 multiple choice questions and 3 short written questions. There are 4 safety critical questions in each exam paper. The delegate must get all 4 of these questions correct to pass the exam. The multiple choice questions are worth 1 point each, whilst written questions can score between 1-3 marks.
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of CITB Site Supervisors Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) Refresher training courses across the UK. Together with our accredited training partner centres we are proud to offer all clients our unique Lowest Price Guarantee.