N216 Road Planer
The aim of the course is to provide candidates with the basic understanding and practical skills involved in operating a Road Planer. By the end the course, all successful candidates will be able to execute a pre-shift inspection and operate the Road Planer safely and correctly in accordance with accepted good practice and NPORS standards. They will also be able to operate the machine safely under varying site conditions and carry out minor adjustments and routine services. We will also ensure that delegates have a thorough knowledge of the responsibilities under all relevant health and safety legislation.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who uses or will be using a Road Planer in the land-based industries or construction industry.
- Use of the operator's handbook
- Pre-use running checks and close-down procedure
- Preparing the scraper for site travel
- Travelling the scraper over different terrain
- Travelling up and down substantial inclines loaded and unloaded
- Manoeuvring progressing to confined spaces in a forward and reverse direction - loaded and unloaded
- Precautions and actions for underground services and other hazards
- Positioning the scraper for push loading
- How to load the bowl to capacity and discharge loads to form a stockpile
- How to grade spread and level including soil and material characteristics
- Placing the scraper in an out-of-service condition
- Loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter
- Trained operator achievement test.
Available as an open course at over 50 venues nationwide or as a private / inhouse course on client premises.
On completion of the course, the successful candidates will be issued with an NPORS Trained Operators Card and certificate which proves the candidates have passed the full NPORS theory and practical technical tests.
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of N216 - Road Planer courses across the UK. Together with our accredited training partner centres we are proud to offer all clients our unique Lowest Price Guarantee.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A N216 Road Planer General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in N216 Road Planer courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page or call us on 0844 335 8882.