Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F
The course will enable delegates to ensure that safety issues are managed efficiently, protecting the workforce, other people and the general environment, and will ensure that legal compliance is achieved. Abrasive Wheels are used in many areas and can be highly dangerous if used by untrained personnel.
Who Should Attend
Construction, Engineering, Maintenance, Fit Out, Pipe Fitters, Welders.
- An overview of health and safety legislation inc HASWA 99 - PUWER 98 - MHSWR 99 - PPER 92
- The hazards - risks and risk control measures
- The recommended personal protective equipment (PPE)
- The types of portable abrasive wheel machines and their safe use
- Resin bonded abrasive wheel selection - identification and inspection
- Types 27; 41 & 42 (Non-Live Practical Exercise)
- The correct use - setting - adjustment and inspection of flanges - guards and accessories
- Correct pre-use machine safety checks (non-live practical exercise)
- How to mount of abrasive wheels on angle grinders - chop saws and disc cutters (non-live practical exercise).
Available as an open course at over 50 venues nationwide or as a private / inhouse course on client premises.
This course is accredited by the British Abrasive Federation (BAF), and offers each candidate who successfully completes an understanding of abrasive wheel safety.
Open Courses & Public Events
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F Training courses across the UK. Together with our accredited training partner centres we are proud to offer all clients our unique Lowest Price Guarantee.
In addition to a comprehensive open course schedule, Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, complete the form below in order to receive our quotation for your training.
Make A Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Abrasive Wheel Course, B.A.F courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page or call us on 0844 335 8882.