What Is Vaccination Training?
Intramuscular, Intradermal and Subcutaneuous Injection training. Nationally recognised course. Train to inoculate against Covid 19. By the end of the course you will be qualified to provide vaccinations. Part online, part practical classroom training.
Who Should Attend
Any person who requires the need to be trained in Vaccination through the course of their normal working duties. This course is suitable for anyone working in the First Aid arena or Health and Safety sector, pre-requisites may be required.
- PART 1 - THEORY (online)
Delegates will fully understand the theory and will be able to demonstrate they can identify the correct patient
- gain consent and safely administer a vaccine to WHO and Skills for Health recommended standards. Itinerary: M01 Course Overview and brief history M02 Infection Protection Control M03 Professionalism and Effective Communication M04 Understanding injection procedures M05 Why do we vaccinate? M06 The immune system and how vaccines work. Vaccine types and composition. M07 The National Vaccine Policy & Schedule M08 Vaccine preventable diseases M08A – Covid-19 Update M09 Vaccines - understanding the reconstitution process M10 Storage and Handling – understanding correct procedures and protocols M11 Equipment – Syringes and Syringe Types
- Needles and Needle Types
- SDV (Single-Dose Vials)
- MDV (Multi-Dose Vials)
- Pre-Filled Syringes
- Gloves and PPE. M12 Vaccination sites
- techniques and anatomical site selection i) Intramuscular (IM) Injection ii) Subcutaneous (SubCut) Injection iii) Intradermal (ID) Injection M13 Legal requirements
- Consent and Standard Operating Procedures M14 Adverse Reactions and Basic Life Support Guidance M15 Record keeping & Documentation PART 2 - CLASSROOM (am
- pm or evening sessions) 3 - 4 hours skill-set development with practical demonstrations and hands-on experience performing Intramuscular
- Intradermal and Subcutaneous Injections.
Vaccination training is available at training centres UK wide, using a virtual classroom with a live tutor or on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Parking, public transport links and refreshments vary from centre to centre and these will be confirmed to you prior to your enrolment on any course.
The Vaccination course will be accredited to the latest in recognised certificating award. All successful delegates will also receive an Xyz certificate of attendance. Enrolled subscribers of the National Training Card will also have any certificate, qualification and/or ID card (where applicable) automatically added to their member account.
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Vaccination General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and / or a quote by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Vaccination courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page, refine your search above or call us on 0844 335 8882.