NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
Many larger construction organisations choose the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate as a key part of their supervisory or management development programme. By ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management they build an effective safety culture in the company. Owners or managers of smaller consultancy companies will find this qualification helps them to meet the requirements of clients and principal contractors when working on other people's premises or sites.
Who Should Attend
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers and CDM co-ordinators within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely. The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries such as utilities, and even broadcasting, where temporary workplaces are a feature of their activities.
- Develop an underpinning knowledge of construction health and safety legislation and its impact
- Develop a basis for a future career in occupational safety
- Assess construction site workplace hazards and develop control measures
- Understand the factors to consider when carrying out a site assessment
- Identify construction activity hazards
- Assess the risks and recommend control measures
- Understand the main requirements and application of the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2007
- Successfully carry out a safety inspection of a construction workplace
- Identify the hazards and outline appropriate control measures in the following areas: movement of people & vehicles - manual & mechanical handling - work equipment - electrical - chemical & biological - physical & psychological - working at height - excavation work & confined spaces & demolition.
Available as an open course at over 50 venues nationwide or as a private / inhouse course on client premises.
Delegates are awarded the Certificate on successful completion of one 2-hour written paper and a practical assessment which involves safety monitoring of a construction site and the production of a formal report under examination conditions. On successful passing of the exam you will receive a NEBOSH accredited Certificate. Certificates are forwarded by NEBOSH approximately 12 weeks after the completion of the course although results are usually issued within eight weeks.
Open Courses & Public Events
As a trainer of over 5,000 delegates a year in construction related training courses, XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety training courses across the UK at the lowest possible price.
All of our accredited training partners are licensed and certified to deliver NEBOSH courses - a trademark of NEBOSH.
In addition to a comprehensive open course schedule, NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, complete the form below in order to receive our quotation for your training.
Make A NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page.