APCS Authorised Persons (MOD)
To provide familiarisation with the 'Defence Estates Organisation Safety Rules and Procedures' for those who are to be appointed as an Authorised Person Confined Spaces. To provide an awareness of the inherent hazards associated with working in a confined space and of the methods adopted to provide a safe working environment for maintenance personnel having a need to enter them. Introduce the principles of risk assessment and use of Defence Estate permits to work for tank cleaning and maintenance duties on petroleum installations.
Who Should Attend
Managers, Supervisors, Engineers and all personnel that are nominated for the role of Appointed Person for Confined Spaces on Ministry of Defence estates.
- Introduction to confined spaces
- Current legislation to include Health & Safety - Confined Space- COSHH- RIDDOR- CDM- DSEAR
- Overview of SRP 06 safety rules and procedures
- The types of multiple gas indicators and the gases they detect
- The functions of the human respiratory system
- Medical requirements and emergency procedures when working in a confined space
- Hygiene and disease within a confined space
- Self contained breathing apparatus to include an entry exercise
- Risk assessment isolation and introduction to permits to work.
Available as an open course at over 50 venues nationwide or as a private / inhouse course on client premises.
Delegates should provide a passport photograph on the day of training for production of ID Cards. Delegates attending this course should be physically and mentally fit to withstand the rigours of training.
Open Courses & Public Events
XYZ Training Group has the largest selection of APCS Authorised Persons (MOD) training courses across the UK. Together with our accredited training partner centres we are proud to offer all clients our unique Lowest Price Guarantee.
In addition to a comprehensive open course schedule, APCS Authorised Persons (MOD) training is also available on client premises or at one of our training venues as a private course - provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, complete the form below in order to receive our quotation for your training.
Make A APCS Authorised Persons (MOD) General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in APCS Authorised Persons (MOD) courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page.