Licensed Asbestos Removal For New Managers
All workers who hold an HSE License to carry out work with asbestos or asbestos-containing materials (ACMs) that are relatively high risk, such as laggings, sprayed coatings, and insulating board, are required to undertake specific training to prepare them for their work.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for newly-appointed asbestos operations managers, contracts managers and directors of licensed asbestos removal companies It is also suitable for those who manage asbestos removal contractors.
- An introduction to asbestos and the types and uses of asbestos and ACMs
- The roles and responsibilities of license holders / managers
- Maintaining health records and medical surveillance
- The legislation which covers working with asbestos
- Working methods and materials; including hot work
- Health and safety; hygiene facilities and decontamination procedures
- Dealing with accidents; incidents and emergencies
- Enclosures and associated plant
- The importance of site clearance; air monitoring and analysis; waste management and the relevant legislation
- The use and maintenance of personal protective equipment (PPE) and respiratory protective equipment (RPE)
- How to use and maintain plant and equipment; including fault finding and audit checklists
- The importance of appropriate site documentation and procedures
- How to conduct site inspections and keep appropriate records
- The notification and assessment of plans of work and the appropriate training programme for asbestos removal operatives.
Licensed Asbestos Removal For New Managers training is available at training centres UK wide, and on client premises (as required) provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Parking, public transport links and refreshments vary from centre to centre and these will be confirmed to you prior to your enrolment on any course.
Delivery: Classroom based theory and practical training
Assessment: Multiple-choice examination (80% pass mark)
Follow-up: Annual refresher training based on Training Needs Analysis (TNA).
We train in excess of 100,000 delegates per year. For more information, please make your enquiry using the form below. The XYZ Training Group Customer Charter ensures that all enquiries are responded to the same day.
Available on client premises as an in-house course or at one of training venues, provided minimum delegate numbers are achieved. Whatever your requirement, simply complete the enquiry form below and we'll send you our quotation by return.
Make A Licensed Asbestos Removal For New Managers General Enquiry Here
Complete the form below and we'll send you some training options and a quote for training by return. Please only use this form if you are interested in Licensed Asbestos Removal For New Managers courses. For all other enquiries, please use the general contact page.